*This devotion was taken from the devotions Pastor Frankie wrote on Jesus' life and mailed to the children of EVNaz. These devotional books can be found at www.evnaz.org/kidsmatterministries.
Read John 4:3-42.
Jesus stopped at a well in a town called Sychar in a region called Samaria. In those days, Jews did not speak to people who came from Samaria. Jews and Samaritans hated each other and had fought with each other for many, many years.
At the well, Jesus met a Samaritan woman and asked her to give Him a drink of water. The woman was surprised that Jesus, a Jew, spoke to her. Jesus explained to the woman that He could give her much more than water; He could give her eternal life.
Because Jesus told her things about her life that no ordinary stranger could have known, the woman believed Jesus when He told her that He was the Saviour of the world (John 4:29). She went and told the people from her town about Jesus. Many other Samaritans, when they heard the woman’s story about Jesus, also believed that Jesus was the Saviour of the world. God accepted the Samaritan woman into His family. He asks us to accept others as He does.
Dear God, please show me if there is someone who needs my love and acceptance. In Jesus name, Amen.
1. Why did the woman wonder why Jesus asked her for a drink of water?
2. What did Jesus say to the woman that made her believe that He was the Saviour of the world?
3. What country do we live in?
4. Can you think of anyone who comes from a different country?
5. How can we show love and acceptance to someone who comes from a different country?
6. Why should we accept others?